This report is from 2008 from a report I did on TreasureBoxReports.squarespace.com. I am closing that site down so I am transferring some of the reports.
I just read an email from grassfire.com about planned parenthood. Now I have some distrubing questions.
- First of all, I want to know WHY they promote themselves as a reputable planned parenthood adviser, when in fact, their facade of helping women make wise choices about pregnancy, is really about their real business of killing an unwanted fetus as the result of a sexual encounter?
- They boast of being the world’s largest provider of abortions – performing a record 264,943 during the fiscal year 2006-2007. How is that something to be proud of? How many abortions have been done in 2009? 1.3 million in the USA and 43 million worldwide has been the steady number for several years now (according to Ask.com). Also, use this link to view an up-to-date counter of how many abortions have been performed so far this year. http://www.catholicfamilycatalog.com/the-abortion-counter.htm
- If Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is considered a “non-profit” organization that annually siphons more than a quarter-billion dollars in U.S. taxpayer money, how come it makes huge profits – building a surplus of more than $350 million while operating under their own set of rules, unaccountable to the rules and regulations governing other non-profits?
- Now this one is the kicker, and the one that set off my bells today: But that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Senators Brownback and Vitter are calling for the suspension of federal funding of abortion following a complaint in a Kansas district court accused PPFA of performing illegal late-term abortions, falsifying documents and failure to comply with medical reporting requirements. Where is the respect for life here? There’s obviously NONE!! As I said, they are in the business of killing bablies. How else can it be interpreted?
- And that’s not all. Knowledge that PPFA has also been involved in a complicated baby body parts scandal – selling intact body parts, tissues, organs and the remains of aborted infants to researchers has also come to light…And the most heinous part of all? Your tax dollars are helping to fund and even expand this kind of barbaric and grotesque genocide! NOW THAT REALLY TICKS ME OFF. DOES IT TICK YOU OFF AS WELL? IT SHOULD!!!
- I hope you will click on this link and go to grassfire to sign a petition to have this situation looked into! It absolutely unfathonable to me that anyone cannot see a problem with this. It’s like throwing babies to the gods in biblical times to appease the gods. Today, the our women are trying to appease are the gods of lust, passion, selfishness, and a woman’s right to do what she wants with her body. It’s an unconsionable practice to me.
- $300 million for 264,943 abortions in 2005-2006, 1.3 million in the USA in 2009 and 43 million worldwide.
-What makes these numbers even more chilling is that PPFA, an organization claiming to offer a host of family planning services, failed to make one adoption referral during that time!
-There is nothing family friendly about PPFA. This is corporation whose murderous abortion agenda is being subsidized by your tax dollars! Are you ticked off yet? If you are, leave us a comment or click on this link to particiapte in a discussion.
READERS COMMENTS ON THIS REPORT
COMMENT: This is very disturbing news. It’s hard to believe the number of abortions performed each year when you consider many couples are waiting to adopt, and the excellent, free medical care available for pregnant women.
However, I don’t judge women who have had an abortion. Some are pressured into it when they are stressed and not feeling well. Many express regret afterwards. It grieves me to see innocent life valued so cheaply… Diana R.
COMMENT: This does tick me off because the activities have been underminded by killing the children that will grow up to pay takes and will be a support to the social security system, that is already in trouble.
When it comes to the right to choose maybe this needs to be framed as a right to choose to live without social security benefits.This also means that the taxes that are used for incidentals will not be there either. This means schools, roads, helping the needy families, health care, etc.
There is an exchange of one for the other that people don’t seem to be concerned about because of being blinded by their own agendas. When you kill a baby it is taking the right from our ” Creator and Giver” to give life or to take life away from Him and His purposes.
He is long suffering and what it comes down to is, that we are going to have the hammer going down on us especially when we want to authorize stem cell research as a means to clone humans like what we have done for animals.We as a culture have to change our behaviors and the intentions we have for such a despicable acts for the sake of humanity…Terrance Winfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
COMMENT: Your Name: Laura
Subject: Planned Parenthood
Message: Instead of abortion try adoption. I just wanted to say that all kids are great. If I would of had an abortion then I would of lost out on a lot of good things in life. I tell people all the time that kids are the best thing that could ever happen to a person. They bring so much joy it is a shame that not everyone feels this way.
I think that planned parenthood should take these young girls that come in there and push them to give the baby up for adoption if the young girl is not ready to be a mom. I know that it is not for me to judge these women that have an abortion, that is Gods job and they will have to deal with God someday. I know several people that wish they could have kids. Its such a shame that good and loving people can not get a child when there are so many unwanted babies out there.
I would suggest to any young girl that is not ready for a family that they find a way to give that child to someone so they can have love for that child and not throw it away.
COMMENT: Your Name: Ron
Subject: Planned Parenthood
Message: I could not agree more.
COMMENT: Your Name: unknown
Subject: Planned Parenthood
Message: I found it sad that there are so many babies being killed through abortion, I recall in High school doing a term paper on this subject. And having to read it out loud at a assembly I was booed, yelled at told that “it’s a womans right to do what she wants with her body” on and on.
I felt that I was the only person in my high school that felt that it was murder..A few days later I had a girl come up to me and told me that she wish she had heard my paper before she went and had a abortion. She told me that she will always regret not having the baby. And she hoped that God would forgive her. Well a few years later I heard that she never got over having the abortion and killed herself. These girls just don’t see the whole picture, I have heard that a lot of women never get over it.
I am the proud mother of 2 handsome sons, Married 22 years to my wonderful husband, the 1st year were were married I had 2 miscarriages on the paperwork at the hospital it said abortion I freaked out. The nurse told me that they always write that on the form. I made them change it I was so upset. I told her that I would not be “labeled” as a Murder. I’m sure she thought I had lost it. But the pain I felt loosing those special babies made me thankful that I took my own advice all those years earlier and promised God and myself that I would never abort a baby. I hope someday the killing will stop..All we can do is pray for these poor girls…
COMMENT: Your Name: Judith Sherman
Subject: Planned Parenthood
Message: I really appreciate all your comments. I want to make a special thank you to the person who wrote the paper on abortion and took a lot of heat for her views. Right now, it may look like we are in the minority about “choice of life” over choice of a “woman’s right” but it‘s not true. It is no longer a woman’s choice after she becomes pregnant. She has lots of choices to not get pregnant but once pregnant, her right of choice is gone.
There are many more of us who understand this concept but are afraid to speak up like you and me. More of us have to speak up and show the other side this an issue as the last writer and I did several years ago.
I was at my first maturnity doctor appointment when the nurse asked me if I wanted an abortion. I was very upset by the question because I had two miscarriages before that pregnancy and was excited about being pregnant. The nurse said that she had to ask because the time to do it is in the first trimester. Then she said, “I am going to have an abortion because being pregnant right now is not a good time in my career.”
I chuckled a little and said, “I know what you mean about being pregnant at the wrong time. Just get married, buy a car, buy a house, go back to work and what…suddenly you’re pregant. It seems there really isn’t a good time to get pregnant. There will always be something else we want to do and being pregnant gets in the way.
Having children is an unselfish act because we no longer get to do all the things we want. We put that stuff aside to enjoy the blessing of children.” The nurse said, “No one has ever talked to me that way. They always just agree with me and never tell me what they think or why I should not have an abortion. Thank you so much. I think I’ve changed my mind about abortion now. I will think about it.”
From that I learned we just have to open our mouths but to do it in an understanding way and not from a critical or judgmental point of view. It’s all in the way the message is given on whether it is accepted well or causes insult.